Mission Statement-By providing unique outdoor opportunities to youths from ages 12 to 18, we hope to inspire a variety of skills and abilities in youths that will lead them a greater fulfillment and lead them to Ascend to newer heights.
- Cost advantage
- Effective communication
- Strong management team
- Knowledgeable Staff
- Large Pool of able Volunteers
- Great Atmosphere
- Hands On Learning, Confidence, and Team Building
- Use of local climbing wall
- Location of Organization
- Limited Area for practice
- Friction among School Districts
- Limited Area of Reach
- Skepticism about Safety from Community
- Lack of adequate facilities for training of certain sports
- Unique Learning Opportunities for Life Skills
- No real market or strong competition for the services
- Chance to teach youths about the Outdoors
- Chance to provide a variety of sports that are expensive to learn on their own to clients for free through donations and fundraising
- Economic slowdown
- External changes (government, politics, taxes, etc.)
- Lack of Interest
- Not enough participation from the community
- Liability and Insurance Costs
Resource Analysis: Most of the staff will be knowledgeable in several different areas of outdoor sports. Operating in the Charleston Community, there is an abundance of volunteers who also possess the necessary skills to assist when needed. The biggest need would be to acquire vehicles, equipment, and facilities as there would be a strong need for harnesses, rafts (3), climbing shoes, a sail boat, and vans (3). The costs for such equipment are a lot, but by forming partnerships with companies such as Black Diamond, Petzl, Nantahala Outdoor Center would be essential. Also, would need to keep someone who is knowledgeable about basic maintenance on vehicles to help in cutting down the costs on maintaining vehicles. Fundraising, especially hosting events will be necessary in raising funds for future endeavors, and we would need to expand from having an annual fundraising event to having one every 4 months. We will need a full-time staff of 5 with a seasonal staff of 3 to 4 personnel during prime operating months which would occur from April to October for most outdoor outings.
Strategic- Growth Strategy would be the most appropriate strategy to employ. After starting up in Charleston, it would be ideal to expand to other parts such as having a facility or lodge in the mountains that is in close proximity to rock climbing or white-water rafting.
Goals and Objectives: Is to at least provide insight while increasing confidence in youths that are in need of it while teaching them about the outdoors. Youths will learn tangible knowledge such as tying knots, navigation on land and water, basic climbing; they will also learn intangible knowledge such as what it takes for them in dealing with adversity, both from their surrounding environment and from within themselves.